We've been where you're going
Medpoint Health Partners. Our differentiator is our ability to work in true collaboration with our clients - as advisors and operators. Unlike other resources, we are not merely arms-length ``consultants`` - studying the problem and giving a set of suggestions. Side-by-side with our clients, we do the work. Because we know how.
We bring unparalleled direct, real-world experience with the leading healthcare facilities in the U.S. and abroad. We are physicians who practiced in countries around the world. We are administrators and operators who have managed some of the leading medical institutions. Working in seamless collaboration with our clients, we can transition from an advisory team to an operational team.
To make a significant contribution to global healthcare by giving patients access to local healthcare services that are world-class.
3 words separate us from everyone in global healthcare
How American medical centers become Global medical centers
Patient Services Advisory
National & International
If you’re thinking of taking your medical expertise global, let us save you years of trial and error and several million dollars. Our advisory practice is here to assist at various stages of evaluation and development including
- Executive briefings and orientation to global markets
- Evaluation of organizational readiness and potential
- Strategic planning and stakeholder objectives
- Creating Business and operational plans
- Providing ongoing support and expertise as needed
If you’re considering enhancement of an existing program, whether large or small, we can partner with you to meet your goals. Whether for an entire program, functional component, or a defined project, we can facilitate by sharing knowledge and assisting in all areas including
- Infrastructure and Organizational Models
- Systems, Resources and Staffing
- Patient Experience, Care Coordination and Concierge Services
- Financial Policies, Revenue Cycle and Payer Relations
- Market Analysis and Communication
- Business Advancement and Brand Positioning
- Cultural Competence and Best Practices
- Metrics, Benchmarks and Performance Improvement
- Professional Training and Team Building
- Leadership Development and Partnership
- Differentiation Strategy and Innovation
Projects Advisory & Management
Areas of Expertise
- Global Profile Assessment, Planning & Expansion
- Business Models- Affiliations, Partnership
- Project Screening & Due Diligence
- Proposal Development & Pricing Strategy
- Negotiation & Contracting
- Resource Planning & Project Implementation
- Operations Management & Quality Standards
- Evaluation & Impact Measures
As advisory partners, we visit potential sites, research and evaluate on-the-ground opportunities, connect with foreign governments and organizations, navigate local cultural/governmental challenges, establish strategic alliances between U.S. medical brands and indigenous facilities, determine staffing criteria, set timelines, budgets and projections.
Unlike others, we are able to transition from an advisory team to an operational team. With the breadth and depth of our team – top-tier U.S. medical credentials, foundations, the global healthcare experience, literally the number of countries in which we’ve practiced, the languages we speak, the complex institutions we have managed – we can enable American Medical Centers to become Global Medical Centers. We can manage overseas facilities on behalf of our clients or co-manage with our clients.
The key to global healthcare is Collaboration
Healthcare Developers & Providers
Advisory & Management
We believe that through collaborative partnerships, transfer of knowledge, and experienced leadership we can elevate standard of care and develop “best in class” healthcare facilities of regional prominence. We partner with international hospitals, governments, investors and developers to help them treat patients wherever they live.
Our management services are focused on quality, safety, financial organization, productivity, and service. We operate healthcare facilities with the intent to build and expand local brands. The model leverages the respective strength of U.S. academic and for-profit healthcare systems, to respond to and meet the healthcare needs of patients in he local market.
Operations management encompasses:
- Provide, recruit and establish: Administrative and Medical Leadership
- Establish standards and methods: Budget and Financial Management
- Design/Implement: Clinical Programs Development and Implementation
- Set standards: Quality and Patient Safety Management
- Set department and procedural standards: Human Resources Management & Development
- Set up: Facility and Supply Chain Management
- Create/commence: Education/Training Programs
- Set up: Knowledge Transfer Program
- Provide/review: Accreditation and International Status
- Monitor: Quality Standards, Performance Indicators, and Continuous Improvement
Our advisory services address a comprehensive range of clinical and business aspects of healthcare development and quality performance. This includes feasibility studies, clinical programs and centers of excellence development, performance optimization and revenue enhancement, and international accreditation process.
- Evaluate market opportunities, per market internationally
- Define concept and development strategy
- Create and refine clinical and operational models
- Build and refine financial plans, risk and success factors
- Develop implementation road-map
Chief Executive Officer
Former CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine International; former executive with Tenet Healthcare-Singapore; responsible for management of over 25 global healthcare collaborations; 20 years of international hospital administration.
Medpoint co-founder with 25+ years of international healthcare leadership encompassing patient care, consulting, education and operations management. Previous vice president of Methodist International; responsible for structuring affiliations with well-known institutions, as well as the first partnership between a major US academic medical center and an industrial multinational; former executive at Johns Hopkins Medicine International and Cleveland Clinic. Expertise in Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America.
Former senior vice president of Tenet Healthcare and president of Tenet Healthcare International; former senior vice president of International Hospital Corporation; oversight of over 20 hospitals in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East; extensive expertise in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas.
Michael serves as COO of Medpoint Asia and has more than 30 years of executive healthcare experience. He has served as Chief Executive Officer in various for-profit and academic medical centers in Asia, Middle East and the United States.
Stephen J. Spann, MD, MBA
Senior Consultant – Medical and Academic Affairs
Stephen J. Spann is a family physician leader, educator and researcher. He serves as Founding Dean of the University of Houston Medical School. He is also Adjunct Professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Adjunct Professor of Family and Community Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Spann has dedicated his career to improving health and health care around the world by training future health care professionals, contributing to the scientific knowledge base of primary care, leading medical school faculty, physician medical groups and hospital medical staffs, and striving to practice excellent, evidence-based family medicine.
Dr. Spann has been active in the development of the specialty of Family Medicine both in the United States and abroad. He was Chief Medical Officer of Tawam Hospital, a 460 bed tertiary care teaching facility in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, which is managed by Johns Hopkins Medicine International. He also served as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Family and Community Medicine and Dean of Clinical Affairs at Baylor College of Medicine.
A graduate of Baylor University and Baylor College of Medicine, Dr. Spann completed his residency training in Family Medicine at Duke University Medical Center and received the M.B.A. degree from the University of Texas at Dallas.
Vice President, Advisory & Consulting Services
Former chief administrative officer of Johns Hopkins Medicine International; 15 years of international healthcare experience with extensive expertise in the European market.
Project Director/Chief of Staff
Amelia is an accomplished professional with extensive international healthcare experience in patient services, program development, and project management. Throughout her career, she built successful programs that have increased patient and business activity in a highly competitive environment.
Before joining Medpoint, Amelia was Global Development Manager of Methodist International. While there, she led international education and training programs for administrators and medical professionals; developed and managed various international medical conferences, and built productive relationships with government and private sectors locally and globally.
Amelia holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Houston.